Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Back!


So after reading all your comments I have figured out why nothing seems to work on my dog's fleas (by the way they are gone). Fleas, like a virus, have a rather short life span and they reproduce in large numbers. This makes it very easy for one flea that becomes immune to repopulate on my dog. Though it's very unlikely that the fleas evolved while living on my dog, this would explain why over the counter medications seemed to fail. It's really upsetting that this happens but this is very good for pharmaceutical companies because they have to keep coming out with the next product. However this is very bad for the consumer. The only things that work against the fleas become perscription only and the treatments you can buy at the store stop working. This puts money in everyone's pockets except your own.


Allegedly (I think this is true but can't find any real evidence except for a story of FOX news) there is a cure for most cancers; however this cure is found very readily and pharmaceutical companies will not do anything with this information because there is no real profit to be made. Maybe one day in the near future a cure for all (not most) cancers will be found that costs enough for pharmaceutical companies to be interested in.

10 comments:

  1. I dont think its correct to compare the fleas with cancer.
    Now, regarding to its cure, i do believe the cure has been discovered long ago but it isnt profitable enough for the farmaceuticals to release it. Its kinda sad if you think about. Makes you think how fcked up this world really is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same problem with cockroaches and other household pests. evolution is a b!tch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fleas! I hate them. You post some interesting stuff about this problem.... Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't be so sure on the cure for cancer being discovered, after all cancer is a set of symptoms that we group together as one illness, when there are many different types of cancer, and I doubt we would have found the cure to all of them and successfully suppressed that information, remember, only one person has to come forward with evidence for the cure to be released and published for review, so I'm not really convinced that a cure has been found.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there is at least a cure for AIDS, not sure about cancer, I don't believe anything faux news says.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty interesting
    now i have flea problems with my dogs
    i have to tell this to my mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate fleas especially on my dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If and only if... As ABBA says, Money, money, money. tis a rich man's world

    ReplyDelete